ACTIVE – Water Repair/Water Line Break – Clinch Street – 11 November 2018, at 7:55am.
Map: Public Advisories Map (click to view)
Boil Order Instructions:
1. Water should be brought to a rolling boil for at least one (1) minute.
2. Any water used for brushing teeth, making ice, juice, coffee, tea or washing vegetables that will not be cooked should be boiled.
3. People whose immune system is compromised such as the elderly, infants and people with transplanted organ, on dialysis, with HIV/AIDS, etc. should pay attention to the use of a safe source of drinking water. water that has been properly boiled is considered a safe source.
4. It is safe for people to take showers, bathe and use swimming pools.
5. It is safe to wash dishes in hot soapy water and then air dry.
6. It is safe to use a dishwasher.
This order will remain in force until:
• work has been completed as per AWWA standards.
• flushing of the affected areas has been completed.
• acceptable chlorine residuals have been measured and maintained.
• two (2) consecutive acceptable sets of results no less than 24 hours apart are reported to Public Health (Government of New Brunswick).
For more information, please visit Office of the Chief Medical Officer of Health (Public Health)
For answers to frequently asked questions regarding a Boil Order, please visit our FAQ: Boil Order page.
Town of St. George – Town Hall – 755-4320